Tuesday, August 11, 2009

skin doctor

If there is a PhD in extraction - she deserves it. Renee (I don't even know her last name or name of her shop!) is sent from God. Seriously. I've had facials and extractions done before and even went through a package of like 10 facials/extractions but nothing/no one compares to what I experienced this past weekend. I just tagged along w/my sister without much thought or expectation. I figured - you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. I was so wrong. We ended up going to her home since her shop was closed for the day. Her home is in long beach so it worked out better for us distance wise. At first, I thought...a facial at her house?? We went in to barking dogs and a Chinese hahr ah buh jee who led us to the living room to wait for Renee. I sat there reading Chinese magazines, not knowing what the heck it's about, but it looked like Chinese US weekly. (We were hoping to see a Korean celebrity in it but didn't.) And then tah dah~~~ Renee showed up.

She is so so so thorough. Thorough is not even a word to describe her. She's meticulous and so detailed and just perfect. I sat there watching her as she extracted my sister's nasty pores and pimples and I swear...it was like Discovery Channel for me. She educated me on what she was doing step by step, extraction by extraction. My sister clung onto me screaming for her life and I was getting nervous cuz I knew I was up next. It took 90 minutes...a whole hour and a half! And it's only $50!!! She did the whole nine yards - cleanse, extract, mask, moisturize - for $50! I was up next and I seriously cried at every single extraction. The tears just wouldn't stop! I looked like a complete idiot.

It was all worth it. As painful as it was, she was so thorough, educational, helpful and most importantly - my face felt 20lbs lighter from all the gunk she took out (it was like going to MYT) and it actually worked! I look much more refreshed, smooth and clean. I cannot wait for another visit. And she walked us out to our car and waived us good-bye until we we were out of her sight...isn't that so sweet!! It must be an Asian thing, but I was so touched. I love things like that. :)

No comments: