My sister is quite funny. And she doesn’t even know it. She’s definitely not dumb but she is what I call a “Korean Blonde”. She’s the one to know all the intellectual (and unnecessary in my opinion!) things like literature and calculus and probably the formula for aluminum nitrate oxide (is that even a chemical?) - basically all things that really do not matter in everyday life. But she will not be able to tell you if Dallas is in Texas or Colorado or what channels ABC or NBC or FOX are and what idioms are used when. Yes, you can say major lack of common sense. And it’s this lack of common sense that makes good entertainment and laughter sometimes. Like the other night when she called me…
Sister: Hey. What are you doing?
Me: Nothing…just watching tv
Sister: Oh~ did you watch the Emmy’s last night?
Me: Eh…like 20 minutes if that.
Sister: I’m gonna watch it right now. I heard that guy, Groban something sang and was phenomenal! (I’m telling you..she doesn’t know things like POP CULTURE!)
Me: You mean Josh Groban?
Sister: Yea yea yea
Me: Why? What did he sing? Cuz his songs are boring no? (And I can see AP’s eyes staring me down…he loves put-me-to-sleep type of music)
Sister: I think he sang his own song…you know…what’s it called?
Me: Uh…totally forgot…it’s at the tip of my tongue…
Sister: Ummm…Oh! You Lift Me Up!
Me: Oh yea! You Lift Me Up!
AP: ……omg....It’s You RAISE Me Up!
Me: (laughing hysterically) omg unnie, it’s You Raise Me Up.
Sister: (also laughing hysterically) oh yea hahaha…duh.
AP: (Starts to sing) “You Lift Me Up~~ So I can stand on mountains!”~~~
Another incident with my oldest sister...
Sister #2 the blonde: (pointing at the Black G35 in front of them) Hey, isn’t that Andy?
Sister#1: No. His is white dork!
Sister#2: Oh….Are you sure? That is him!
Sister#1: No it's not. His is white! Omg how do you get Black and White mixed up?!
Ssiter#2: Well. Whatever. I've only seen his car at night.
Sister#1: ?????
4 comments:
hahahaha are you writing about lena? you lift me up...i hate josh groban but at least i know it's raise me up! and he didn't see that song. i thought he sang the compilation of all the hit tv show songs. maybe i'm wrong.
ok, i never "clicked" on your name thinking you made a blog! i never knew this existed! i just thought you made a name to comment on mine. JR...duhh lack of common sense on my part too.
have a good wknd. i'm like writing a novel here.
hahaha, BTW - this isn't about Lena cuz I don't want her to get p/o. Lena has too much common sense (yes, you CAN have too much of it) and the other one lacks it big time!
uhhhhhh....
can I claim a copywright?
plus, I've really only seen Andy's car at NIGHT!
Least bether than OCHONDA! haha
omg...this one is so funny even though i heard this story from you.
and i can't believe "ck" (???) thinks this story is about me...hah!!!
Post a Comment