Friday, September 19, 2008

Weeds....so disappointed

Since "24" has been on a long (very long, too long!) hiatus I haven't really watched anything religiously lately. Some reality shows here and there...J&K+8 but Kate's starting to bug....Project Runway is blah this season...Dancing with the Stars next week right?

I've been a huge fan of Weeds since its birth 4 seasons ago. Hard to explain...you just have to watch it. Brilliant writing, great acting, just very refreshing. I DVR'd the season 4 finale and watched it last night. Obviously, I had DVR'd it instead of watching it on Monday because....well this season just sucked so wasn't as excited to schedule my plan around the finale on Monday! I had such high expectations for this season since the 3rd season had ended so dramatically with Agrestic burning down and Nancy's pot business burning with it. Conrad and his aunt seriously need to come back. Are they gone for good? I was irritated all season with the addition of the Mexicans (NOT that I have anything against Mexicans! I am practically one of them, or so ap says) and the subtraction of Conrad and his posse. I guess I like "brothas" more. :) This season was just way too dark and uninteresting, not as funny and even Nancy started to bug towards the end. If you have Netflix or Blockbuster - rent the first 3 seasons! You'll finish one season in one night - I guarantee.

I am however excited Prison Break has started and "24" will be back in November! woot woot! Oh how I miss Jack Bauer....

2 comments:

yumi said...

Have you watched the Wire yet? If not YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT. It is hands down the BEST TV show ever. Talk about academy-potential acting and smart writing. Trust me, Pary! You will be so intensely hooked (especially if you like the "brothas"..) It seriously raises the bar for quality TV shows.

ck said...

OMG i thought i was the only who watched prison break! ahhh i found another chingoo who watches it.

HOWEVER, i'm actually disappointed in this season. i mean how many times is wentworth going to break someone out of prison. he should have just left the guy in there.