I'm the biggest hypochondriac you'll meet. The fact that I'm a worrier, OCD doesn't help. So anytime my body tells me something, it's rare for me to call a doctor - I just stick through the pain hoping it'll go away thinking I'm the healthiest, strongest person ever. But since my father fell victim to cancer a few years ago, I've been very proactive about getting myself checked up along with my mother. She thinks I'm the biggest pest cuz I call to bug her about a dr's appt I make for her every 6 months, but someone's gotta do it cuz I know she won't! It's like pulling teeth getting your parents to go see a doctor!
Recently, I've had sharp side pains right under by last rib on my right. It's not painful, but just bothersome. And at least once a month for the last year or so, I would get this sharp pain that shoots up to my breast starting from that rib area. THAT is the most unbearable pain. It goes away in a few minutes but when it hits - I literally cannot move. Well lo and behold, after some tests at the doctor's, yesterday she's confirmed it's Acid Reflux. And of course, as soon as I got home, I went on my favorite website (if you have hypochondria, this is inevitably your favorite) webmd.com. After reading about AR, I'm not shocked I have it:
These are other common risk factors for acid reflux disease:
Eating large meals or lying down right after a meal
Being overweight or obese
Eating a heavy meal and lying on your back or bending over at the waist
Snacking close to bedtime
Eating certain foods, such as citrus, tomato, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, or spicy or fatty foods
Drinking certain beverages, such as alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea
ALL of these apply to me! I'm infamous for falling asleep on my couch right after a meal, eating In-N-Out at 11pm on wknds, and of course - the diet cokes, beers and the coffee... and garlic!!eeeek! I'm guilty of all of them....
And so after last night's very large bowl of curry, I tried stay sitting on my couch while watching Real Housewives of Atlanta. I thought I was gonna die! hahaha, who knew something so simple like sitting can be so difficult after a meal!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Acid Reflux
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hahaha doctor's right. no more d coke, beer on tuesdays, or spicy hangook foods! take it easy. remember, buy tums...it helps!
oh bangles!!! i got your text about this. thank you for solving my mystery! seriously, i was in so much random pain at st. regis!! now i know. i need to sit up straight, and stop eating such large meals.
acid reflux? man...sounds like i have it too. :( miss ya girlie. :)
cy
i just read your comment! OMG, you're sooooo right. prosthetic all the way. freakin scary!
Post a Comment