It's been awhile...so much has happened in my life lately I don't even know where to begin! =) AP and I celebrated our one year anniv., we took our Christmas tree out to put up soon, I still haven't contacted Amy about my wedding album (uughh!), I embarked on my very first camping trip and survived...barely. No seriously...barely! You know how you watch those sappy korean dramas where characters faint from exhaustion or shock...and it always looks so graceful and heartbreaking. Well - hhaha that doesn't really apply to someone like me who can carry a sofa bed onto the back of a pick-up truck with my husband alone and eats 4 fish tacos in one sitting on Taco Tuesdays. We went camping this past weekend and what was supposed to be a 5 mile leisure hike ended up being an 8 mile up to a 6500 ft mountain top that felt like Mt. Everest to me. On my way down, while the rest of the group seemed to be doing relatively fine and were a mile ahead of me, I fainted and barely made it down with the help of a husband who I think feared he'd be left alone in the middle of nowhere with an unconscious wife. It was definitely not graceful because I was pale with purple lips, huffing and puffing, nor heartbreaking because everyone blamed ME for not eating breakfast! There were no "Oh Bangle - are you alright?"s but all "See! You should've eaten something! Idiot!" So much for sympathy. AP always tells a story of how I passed out a couple years ago when we went up to Tahoe and how he carried me into the car and I woke up to the smell of a Big Mac. Lessons learned are - never go up to high elevation without a full stomach, always travel near a McDonald's, take those roller shoes kids wear so i can just roll down next time I go hiking 6500 ft.
Coming Soon...we are going to have a Bowling Battle this Thursday. Our friends are disgustingly competitive...we haven't seen a challenge we didn't like. We've seen tears playing Taboo. I REFUSE to lose! I'm playing against the husband AND the dumpling - I will not allow them to bask in victory. My next post will be about how great our team is...but if we lose...I will be on a long hiatus in deep depression. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
bangle, i can't stop laughing. i can totally imagine you! what the heck? sorry, but who doesn't eat breakfast before a monstrous hike like that one????? haha. ok, i will sympathize with you now. hope your legs aren't too sore. at least ap was there to help you vs dumpling...she would prob give you a sour look like that one time when we went walking at uci! hahahaha jkjk. NOT REALLY!
you crack me up! who knew the big mac had such miraculous powers!! haha. i'm glad you made it down the hike alive. at least it wasn't like yoonj falling down the "hill" in front of our dorm rooms in SLOW-MO. brings back memories. ah, the good old days.
HAHA eenomoo gjbs...dah JOOGUSSUH!
ok, i did leave Pary in my dust gagging and gasping cuz she is such a WEAK ASS!!! haha
she did worry me though. Too bad she had to sleep on top of dog shiat. haha
and fyi...My bowling team kicked @$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!
dumblings??? hahahahahahaha!!!
Post a Comment