Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4 Months

That's how longs it's been since we've moved to our new house.  Expecting Gavin and knowing how wild Owen is, our apt was just getting too cramped.  It felt like the apt was getting smaller by the day when in actuality, we (Owen) were just accumulaing more stuff.  It was definitely time for a move.  Or give up these two boys for adoption.  Grandparents would've happily adopted them I'm sure.

4 months and we still have not completely settled in.  I know I carried and popped out a child in those 4 months but I think I'm running out of excuses now.  So I told ap we must complete some walls that need to be dry walled because they're just screaming UGLY everytime I look at them.  And we must get the mirrors up, buy new bed/furniture for Owen's soon-to-be room and organize and furnish the kids' room which is actually the family room in this house.  The main reason we bought this place was because of that room.  We decided we'd use the family room as the kids' room for all their toys and play time.  Because I can no longer stand cursing inside after stepping on another piece of lego in the living room. 

Well....that room is just an enormous mess right now.  No sofa, shelf, nothing yet.  Just ALL of Owen's toys are sitting in there looking ridiculously messy.  So our big project lately has been buying Ikea furnitures to get that room looking the way we intended it to look.  It's been 2 weeks since the project officially started.  And it still looks like this.

Not fun to walk into.  But it is really difficult to get things done in the summer since ap's work hours are ridiculously long and the Sunday he does have off, we spend most of that day outside of home with the kids.  So maybe by Christmas???

The boys have been keeping me busy needless to say.  I've pretty much transitioned him to bottle full time since I will be going back to work soon.  He does not have a very good latch so I think he enjoys the bottle more.  And I'm pumping enough (I think) milk for now so to be perfectly truthful, I'm grateful he doesn't like the boobies so much.  Breastfeeding is tiring!  These suckers have been at work non stop for the last 2 years.  As soon as Owen was weaned, they were getting ready for another baby so I'm giving them a break.  And I don't know how to explain this...


Yes, left is from my left breast and right from my right breast.  I have lopsided boobs.  How does one pump out 3x more than the other every single time?  I'm constantly checking my breasts in public nervous as they get engorged that they're visibly lopsided.  My love/hate relationship with them is taking its toll...

Gavin is growing up so fast.  He's definitely a bigger boy than his brother was at this age...

With Owen, I couldn't wait for him to get older.  Those newborn/infant days were tough with his surgery and hospital visits.  But with Gavin, I just want time to stop so he can stay this age forever....He is such a sweet, easy baby.   Everyone asks "Who do you favor/love more?".  That is such a dumb question of course because there is no right answer, but I know what they mean when they ask.  I never thought anyone could replace Owen but I find myself more affectionate, loving, patient with Gavin.  I know that sounds terrible.  In no way does that mean I'm NOT affectionate, loving, patient (well, ok, maybe not patient) with Owen.  But it's just...different.  I baby Gavin more but I beam with such pride when I see Owen.  I can already see subtle differences in the dynamics of my relationships with the boys so I'm curious and excited to see how it'll be as they (and I) get older.

Okay...pump time!

No comments: