shops, homeowners facing foreclosure, students working 3 jobs to pay for late school fees, consumers with overdue credit card bills? If this "rescue" plan is just putting a band-aid on the wound for now to deal with the major surgery later - it's freaking me out. They should get to the root of the problem, fixing it at its deepest point, instead of just covering up the part that shows for now and hoping it'll eventually heal. $700 Billion sure sounds enough to directly help all or most of the foreclosures, tired students, and suffering small biz owners across the country - so why not bail-out the ones REALLY in need, so that they CAN start borrowing from banks again.2. Choi Jin Shil's suicide. I know this is harsh but I have no sympathy for anyone who is that selfish to take their own life without the permission from parents
who sacrifice their entire life for their child and God who gave them that life. I don't pity celebrities who cry out foul because the media slashes them or so-called cyber terror. It's terrible, wrong, and hurtful of course, but that's the disgusting culture we live - and she chose that public career, made tons more than what others can only dream to make in a lifetime, and had people do her hair & make-up everyday (i SO envy that). No job is easy. All comes with the territory. The store clerk has to deal with a bitchy customer and minimum wage, doctors deal with death/trauma everyday, accountants deal with numbers that don't reconcile and nasty paper cuts - all part of the job. But not everyone takes their own life away, leaving 2 very young children, because "life is hard". I ache for her family and do resent the mean people who said terrible things about her to make her do this but I don't pity her and the life she lived and how she ended it. She's just a spec of dust like we all are in this world and there are far greater, more difficult & important matters in this world than your own life like that.
3. Voter Turn Out. Americans are notorious for not voting. Well, for one thing -
waiting in line's a PITA (pain-in-the-ass), registering to vote is like applying to be an FBI Agent, jury duty sucks, and..does this mean we have to actually KNOW the candidates and their policies? I think to have higher voter turn out, they should give out cheap but very useful gifts like soap, toothpaste, mouthwash - things all Americans use and buy. Or lottery/raffle tickets and the next day, each polling place announces their winner for money! no? yay? I thought it was a great idea. So Korean of me. hahaha.
waiting in line's a PITA (pain-in-the-ass), registering to vote is like applying to be an FBI Agent, jury duty sucks, and..does this mean we have to actually KNOW the candidates and their policies? I think to have higher voter turn out, they should give out cheap but very useful gifts like soap, toothpaste, mouthwash - things all Americans use and buy. Or lottery/raffle tickets and the next day, each polling place announces their winner for money! no? yay? I thought it was a great idea. So Korean of me. hahaha.
4. Stinky Coworkers. Why do people eat stinky, fishy food for lunch at work? It's rude and inconsiderate. This is a workplace people! Not your own home! I just found out some dept down the hall had a potluck. I mean, who brings FISH for potluck?? And no it's not an all Asian dept. I am kinda curious to go look and see what kind of fish it was and who was brave enough to bring it.5. Missing Husband. We go to bed together in the same bed every night but not once do I get to wake up next to him. He sleep walks - well sorta. I find him out on
the couch the next morning, and at first it really irked me. I am a bit of a control freak and likes things done a certain way. Husband and wife should wake up next to each other!! Well - now I'm just over it. He says it's because he gets hot in the middle of the night and our living room is cool and airy - what can I say to that - can't suffocate the guy by forcing him to stay put! Besides, I'm sleeping so even if I wanted to stop him in action, I can't.
the couch the next morning, and at first it really irked me. I am a bit of a control freak and likes things done a certain way. Husband and wife should wake up next to each other!! Well - now I'm just over it. He says it's because he gets hot in the middle of the night and our living room is cool and airy - what can I say to that - can't suffocate the guy by forcing him to stay put! Besides, I'm sleeping so even if I wanted to stop him in action, I can't. 6. Love Thy Neighbor. There is a hot neighbor we've been eyeing (not "we" as in ap and I but "we" as in mandu and I...she is so going to kill me) for a few months now. He's tall, nicely-
built, drives a Beemer, looks like a techy kind of a guy. We've only seen him wearing sunglasses but so far it appears he has many compensating factors (in case he shocks us w/out the glasses!). After weeks of trying to figure out which apt he lives in, we've narrowed it down to 2-3 possible apts. We've thought about knocking on each door with "Can I borrow some sugar?" or the "Can I borrow some rice? You must eat rice...You're Asian...Oh, you're Korean? Oh, Chinese? Oh I see...ok, here's her number". We know which garage is his so thought about leaving a "I saw you, I see you, I want to see you" note. And then - the lightning struck....ap said he's seen him recently with a hot Asian yuhja...she's not cute (thank God!) but has a tight/toned body (biatch!). Well - she could be a sister. This is still to be continued...
built, drives a Beemer, looks like a techy kind of a guy. We've only seen him wearing sunglasses but so far it appears he has many compensating factors (in case he shocks us w/out the glasses!). After weeks of trying to figure out which apt he lives in, we've narrowed it down to 2-3 possible apts. We've thought about knocking on each door with "Can I borrow some sugar?" or the "Can I borrow some rice? You must eat rice...You're Asian...Oh, you're Korean? Oh, Chinese? Oh I see...ok, here's her number". We know which garage is his so thought about leaving a "I saw you, I see you, I want to see you" note. And then - the lightning struck....ap said he's seen him recently with a hot Asian yuhja...she's not cute (thank God!) but has a tight/toned body (biatch!). Well - she could be a sister. This is still to be continued... Sorry about the ridiculously long entry. Have a very happy Friday and weekend! Get those umbrellas out!
4 comments:
i was a day late on the news about choijinshil. hello. what is going on with the koreans in the motherland? so freaking sad.
omg bangle, i CRACKED up about the hot neighbor story. ummm, can i borrow a cup of bap please? omg, can you PLEASE not????? haha, and you guys keep dreaming that girl was the hot sister...as if. it never works that way.
and yes, us accountants get headaches trying to reconcile our numbers. :0)
HAHAHAHAHA...omg...so disappointed in the "hot neighbor"...i would have "loved him" hahaha
yea. mandu actually imagined like starting a family with the guy...freak. why are we such JC's!!
Post a Comment